Thursday, September 25, 2008

Eloge Of The Banal and Thursday Links


While I'm at it, I wanted to provide a few links today. Last week I attended a wedding where I saw Australian native, Los Angeles-based artist Ricky Swallow. He happens to have a website, and also a blog!
Make sure to visit both, his website has a cool list of links. Ricky has a show opening in LA (next week I think?) at Marc Foxx, who's still renovating his space at 6150 Wilshire, now that Roberts & Tilton have moved to Culver City.
Another link I wanted to provide is if you are on Facebook. There's a new group called In Appreciation Of Banal Photography thats the coolest thing ever. Your truly contributes, but even if I didn't I'd love to see a show with all the pictures. To be honest, most everybody in that group is an art professional, artists, critics, curators and art consultants alike, so even though everyone is striving for the utmost banal, the results are anything but.
And speaking of Facebook, I've just listed FBC! on one of the blogs applications. I'm not sure what it's for, but I'm there.
Lastly, if you want to befriend me on Facebook, please send me a short message explaining you're an FBC! reader. Thanks!
I'll post Your Social Life much later tonight, after the outage.

No comments: