Friday, February 1, 2008

A Public Appeal To The FBI


For some reason the FBI is cracking down on the art world (do they have less pressing criminal business than usual during the winter? Drugs dealers are on vacation in Thailand or what?) and mounting raids against art galleries and museums. I cannot comment on the latest as I've never heard of the gallery in question and never set foot in Chicago, but when I look at the picture published I can only cringe.
This is a public appeal to the FBI:

WILL YOU PLEASE TRAIN YOUR AGENTS TO HANDLE ARTWORKS PROPERLY????? HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT ART HANDLING AND SHIPPING?

You know, bubble wrap, glassine, blankets, gloves, special crates, climate-controlled environments and, ahem, trucks? Not the trunk of any vulgar hatchback?It's freezing cold in Chicago, and you're removing artworks like this? It is very, very painful to watch.
Now I have to do a public confession, I've always wanted to work in an art squad, but I'm a bit put out at the methods, really. This being said, I'm looking for a job, do you hire non-citizens? I can train your agents to handle artworks. Really.

No comments: